Honors Program Nomination Procedures | Honors Program Requirements | Honors Thesis Formatting
The Departmental Honors Program is designed to challenge superior students in their final year of undergraduate study to use their disciplinary training to delve deeper into a topic of interest in the major. The program emphasizes independent investigation 而且 culminates in completion of a bachelor’s thesis or special research project. Credit for one or two courses (which may include a January Term course) is normally given. If justified by the nature of the project, credit for three courses, including a January Term, may be given. The thesis must be defended by the student in an oral examination administered by the student’s thesis committee. The thesis committee consists of three faculty members; two of the members should be from within the department or program of the student’s major 而且 the third from outside the student’s major. In some cases, specific departments have additional requirements for participation in the program. Successful completion of the Departmental Honors Program is indicated on the student’s diploma as "Honors in (Discipline or Field)."
Admittance to the program is by invitation only 而且 is intended for students who are within three semesters of graduation. In no case will students who have less than five months of study remaining before graduation be considered. A student who has excellent research potential 而且 has been performing at an exceptional level in the major 而且 at a level of distinction in other courses may be invited by the department or program chair to participate in the Departmental Honors Program. The evaluation of performance in the major is made exclusively by each department or program. The evaluation of overall performance outside the department is subject to review by the Honors Advisory Committee.
Honors Program M而且atory Meetings 2023-2024
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 4:30 – 6 p.m.: General Information Meeting (m而且atory, Admin 201)
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 4:30 - 6 p.m.: Research Strategy Success Meeting (m而且atory, Admin 201)
Honors Program Contacts
Honors Program Director
Honors Program 形式
- Honors Research Funding -
- Committee Acceptance Form
- Nomination Form (Friday, March 10, 2023)
- No Longer Pursuing a Thesis Form
- Oral Defense Form
- Preliminary Interest Form (Friday, May 5, 2023)
- Draft Honors Thesis Submission Form
- Final Honors Thesis Submission Form
Honors Program 最后期限 2022-2023
- Friday, September 16, 2022: 由于
- Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 4:30 – 6 p.m.: Honors Research Strategy Meeting (Admin 201)
- Friday, October 14, 2022: Honors Research: Student form is due
- Friday, October 21, 2022: Honors Research: 教师 Advisor form is due
- Monday, April 3, 2023: Submit Draft of Thesis to All Committee Members.
- Friday, April 14, 2023: Oral Defense Form
- Friday, April 21, 2023: Draft Honors Thesis Submission Form. Submit your finished thesis as a Word Document 而且 PDF via this form. 的格式 must be approved by the thesis director before submitting this form.
- Friday, April 28, 2023: Submit Final Thesis (3 copies) to Wendy Wilson, AD 312.
- Friday, April 28, 2023: Final Honors Thesis Submission Form Submit finished thesis as a PDF via this form
- Monday, May 1, 2023: Honors Reception